Advanced medical technology and ergonomics has allowed cane manufacturers to create some stellar cool walking canes. Depending on the customers’ needs, individuals could buy pretty much anything they would like to better assist them in walking. Additionally, they could even buy cool walking canes just for appearance purposes if they wish to spice up their wardrobe.
The following products below cover a summarized review of the pros and cons as well as any unique features that come with obtaining and using these cool walking canes:
Walking Cane and Flashlight
This cane is one of those “entire package” products. It includes a flashlight at the tip for night use, which is convenient for individuals who have to frequent the bathroom after midnight and can’t access their light switch without getting out of bed first. It has a three-point folding system, which is helpful for transport and travel purposes. The handle pivots a full 360 degrees in order to better suit the user at several unique positions. The handle is ergonomically-friendly, providing support for arthritis hands and wrists. It’s height-adjustable and comes with a three-point contact for better stability. More uniquely, this can cane tolerate up to a 350-lb weight capacity.
- NEW AND IMPROVED DESIGN: HandyCane collaborated with doctors and scientists while developing our premium walking cane with flashlight! We provide you with a lighted elderly crutch you can use to safely walk around confidently! Stop falling and lean on HandyCane to help make your life safer & easier!
- SELF-BALANCING WALKER: HandyCane’s all-terrain walking crutch provides you with 3 points of contact for superior balance and stability. Other canes only provide you with one point of balance, while ours pivots 350 degrees & has three points of contact to help distribute your weight and encourage healthy walking!
- LED FLASHLIGHT: HandyCane engineered our premium walking cane with a bright LED lgiht to help you see in all conditions. We recommend using long lasting batteries with heavy use, to prevent a blackout.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY: Our premium walking cane provides you with superior support in all conditions and easily folds up for you to take it anywhere you go!
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: If you aren’t completely satisfied with HandyCane’s Premium Walking Cane, simply return it within the first 30 days for a full refund. Our smart light that allows you to safely walk, even in the dark is powered by 5 AAA batteries.
Vive Adjustable Quad Cane
This quad cane is specifically designed for individuals who struggle with standing balance using a single-point cane. It has a weight-bearing capacity of 300 lbs, a slip-resistant handle, and an adjustable height feature. The downside is that is much bulkier than the first walking cane, which many people with balance issues don’t mind. However, it is not a very travel-friendly cane and does not collapse down for storage purposes.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY AND TRACTION ON ANY SURFACE: Safely navigate over any surface, indoors and out. The quad cane base provides greater traction on smooth surfaces such as hardwood, laminate or tile floors as well as greater stability on uneven surfaces such as grass, sand, gravel or plush carpets. The versatile cane is made with a durable anodized aluminum frame that is adjustable from 28” to a maximum of 37” and supports up to 250 pounds.
- NONSLIP, FOUR-PRONGED BASE: Easily switching from the left to right side, the four prong base locks into place providing additional support without interfering with a normal stride. Each prong is capped with a rubber, non skid, non-marking tip for added stability and convenience. The square base allows the cane to stand upright while remaining compact enough to easily fit on stairs or in narrow passageways.
- COMFORTABLE ERGONOMIC GRIP: Fitted with an ergonomically contoured hand grip, the cane handle creates a secure, yet comfortable grip perfect for daily use. The handle also includes a wrist strap for added convenience.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME: Constructed with a durable anodized aluminum, the quad cane is lightweight and corrosion-resistant. Dual security features include an easy to grip locking knob and brass locking pin ensure that the cane stays at the set height without slipping.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: Unconditional Lifetime guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
Cool Walking Canes – Recommendations
Hugo Mobility 730-325 Adjustable Offset Handle Cane with Cushion Top and Ultra Grip Tip
The handle and shaft are quite similar to the Vive Adjustable Quad cane. These cool walking canes both have an offset handle that is supposedly more shock-absorbent. The shock absorbency factor shouldn’t make too much of a difference unless the user plans to jump around with the cane or lean their entire body weight into the shaft (which is not recommended in the slightest). This cane is single-point with a non-slip end and a wrist-band. Similarly to the Vive, it has a 300-lb weight capacity and height-adjustable feature. This one is also not collapsible and harder to travel with.
- This bronze offset cane is height adjustable and can accommodate most people between 5' - 6'5"
- Hugo's Offset Handle Cane has a shock absorbing cushion-top handle with reflective strap for added night time safety
- Push buttons provide 12 precision height settings, supporting up to 300 lbs
- The ergonomic offset cane handle is designed to fit more comfortably in your hand while the Ultra-Grip Cane Tip provides superior grip and helps absorb impact shock
- Heavy-gauge anodized aluminum provides durability while being light weight. Featuring push-button adjust with anti-rattle lock-nut, nylon wrist strap, and cane tip with wide suction grip
DMI Lightweight Aluminum Adjustable Walking Cane with Derby-Top Handle
These cool walking canes are a designer cane and medical cane in one that comes with an attractive finish. The derby-top handle is ergonomically-friendly for arthritic hands and the cane’s height-adjustable feature fits just about anyone. Compared to the already mentioned products, these cool walking canes has the lowest weight-bearing capacity measuring at only 250 lbs. The DMI also lacks any frilly features including a wrist band, a flashlight, and collapsible mechanisms. Thus, it is perfect for someone who want something plain that can simply assist them in walking a little safer.
- THIS LONG HANDLED SHOE HORN EXTENDS YOUR REACH 24 INCHES, eliminating bending when putting on your shoes
- ATTRACTIVE UNISEX DESIGN will appeal to both men and women
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT from 31 to 40 inches means most people will find a good fit
- SMOOTH WOOD DERBY TOP HANDLE FEELS GOOD IN YOUR HAND. Slip resistant rubber tips help you gain more traction on slippery surfaces
- MADE OF LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM yet supports up to 250 pounds
Duro-Med Wooden Cane, Wooden Walking Cane
These cool walking canes are sneaky in which they are made to look like an old-fashioned wooden cane. However, manufacturers mentioned placing a metal insert inside the cane to add to the sturdiness of the cane. This one specifically has a customization feature in which the customer just has to submit the height they would like, and then Amazon.com sends the cane cut at that length. The only downside to that is if the customer provides the wrong measurement. Aside from the non-slip cork and the curved handle, the Duro-Med Wooden Cane is pretty plain and will provide basic support for walking purposes.
- YOUR WOODEN CANE IS LIGHTWEIGHT AND STRONG with a metal insert for added durability. FSA eligible
- MADE IN THE USA: Duro-Med's wooden walking cane is made from quality wood that is stained and sealed for a comfortable and glossy finish
- WOODEN WALKING STICK HAS A CONVENIENT CURVED HANDLE that feels secure and improves the comfort of your hand, reducing hand strain
- CUSTOMIZABLE LENGTH WOODEN CANE: Adjust your cane as you need it simply by cutting it to fit your height perfectly. Comes sized at 36 inches
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. NOTE: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
Brazos Free Form Twisted Hickory Handcrafted Wood Cane with Derby Handle
The Brazos are cool walking canes with a cool designed, wood finish. The derby handle supposedly allows for a comfortable grip and the cork is non-slip rubber…and that’s about it. Customers who view canes online should be a little careful about purchasing products that don’t list a weight-bearing capacity. This often means that the product was meant to be a designer cane and not an assistive device. Additionally, this cane does not have any height-adjustable features and does not come custom-cut.
- COMFORT: Ergonomically designed to provide grip comfort and security. Handles are intricately shaped to perfectly fit your hand
- SAFETY: The rubber tip at the bottom of the walking cane provides traction on multiple surfaces with a firm secure grip
- LUXURY: Each walking cane is handcrafted from solid wood and contains exquisite detail with a smooth polished finish. Each cane is handcrafted in the USA by skilled local craftsmen
- SIZING RECOMMENDATIONS: For people shorter than 5’4″, we recommend 34-inch canes; For people between 5’4″ and 6’, we recommend the standard 37-inch canes as the best starting point; For people over 6’, we recommend the 40-inch canes. Cane sizing is best achieved by standing straight and having someone measure the distance from wrist to floor.
- WOOD TYPE: Hickory's strength and flexibility make this a choice for those seeking a solid, sturdy walking aid. Hickory is a dense, rugged wood that can withstand the most strenuous conditions. Coloring is light to medium brown, with a reddish hue
My Get Up & Go Cane – The Convenient Two-Handle Walking Cane
This two-handled cane was designed to spread out the weight distribution in order for people to safely stand up from a sitting position. However, if you ask any physical therapist, it is never wise to push up on a cane from a sitting position no matter how many handles come with it. If using the cane for just walking purposes, the quad feature provides extra stability and the shaft supports up to 250 lbs of pressure. Lastly, these cool walking canes come with an LED light for night use.
HealthSmart Quad Cane
No. Just don’t. This not so cool walking canes have “ground-level fall” written all over it. Similarly to the My Get Up and Go Cane, it was designed as a stand-up assist device. If you consult with any physical therapist, they will tell you that attempting to stabilize your balance on a cane or a walker while standing is never a good idea. Even with the additional quad leg feature, this cane still lacks the stability that a stationery grab bar could offer. If the customer plans on using this cane for just walking purposes, the weight-bearing capacity is high and the quad feature adds to the stability.
- DURABLE QUAD CANE IS MADE FROM HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL that will support up to 250 pounds. A sit to stand walker is more supportive than a standard cane and has slip resistant rubber tips for firmer footing which not only improves your mobility, but your confidence. FSA eligible
- ADJUSTABLE QUAD CANE PREVENTS AWKWARD BENDING AND FITS YOUR HEIGHT COMFORTABLY as it conveniently and easily adjusts from 29 to 38 inches. Aluminum cane material
- YOUR SIT TO STAND WALKER HAS A 4 FOOT BASE providing you greater stability accross indoor and outdoor surfaces. You can use it on the stairs and also get through narrow spaces easily
- COMFORTABLE QUAD CANE HAS SOFT FOAM HANDLES giving you a pleasant and no strain grip even after hours of use. Cane handle type round or standard
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. NOTE: Note: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks
Mac Sports Folding Cane Chair
These cool walking canes come with a foldable, polyester stool which is supposed to provide the user a rest break for on-the-go purposes. However, therapists also have their qualms with this type of cane as well. Although the weight capacity is 225 lbs, the framework is not a safe design for elderly users who have trouble with balance. It would be safer to find a chair with two arm-rests in order to safely lower and rise from the seat. If the user tries to lower themselves onto the stool, they will place almost all of their body weight through the cane shaft, which is not what any cane was ever designed for. Eventually, the user will fall in attempts to use the stool feature.