Walking is amongst the most vital of activities. While on the one hand we may see it as a form of exercise, it is a major part of everyday life. We walk to get to work every week day, to tidy the house, to pick a box of pizza on a Saturday night, etc. It is also essential to keep us in good shape, and not only in the physical form, but also mentally. Walking aids cardiovascular fitness, as it gets the heart pumping regularly, leading to a strong powerful heart. And of course, the aspect that we all give such importance to: it helps us burn that chocolate frosted cupcake that we indulged in the previous night, providing us with a more muscular leaner look.
As we grow older, and in some cases while we are still young, problems may start to occur in our legs, ankles and feet; we may experience pain in our joints every time we bend our knee to walk, or we may feel that our legs have lost some strength and are therefore no longer able to support our body weight while walking. This of course shouldn’t mean that we should just sit down all the time and expect others to deal with life for us. This is, in fact, the perfect time to purchase a walking stick to provide us with that extra bit of support that we need to stand up again and get walking.
When we think of walking sticks the first image that comes to mind is a bulky, grey, metallic pole, which is far from elegant looking. But, it doesn’t have to always be like this. And, although it’s rather difficult to get hold of a stylish cane, it is not impossible. And considering that a walking cane is like a companion, accompanying you wherever you go, it is important that you’re comfortable with what you’re holding. It should, in fact, be considered no differently than an accessory, such as a tie, necklace or an earring. Here are a few stylish canes that we’ve discovered that will bring a sense of delight into the lives of the most fashion-conscious individuals.
Sabi Walking Canes
Sabi has really given a lot of attention into creating these slick and elegant walking canes that come in all sorts of different colours. And their stylishness does not take away from their durability and comfort as they are built to last for ever, and like many of the other simple and basic walking canes they can carry a maximum weight of 300 pounds. To add to their stable structure they are not adjustable, but come in three different heights: 31,34 and 37 inches. They are built carefully, considering every aspect that will provide you with ultimate comfort. For instance, every Sabi cane has a transparent rubber strip that is attached to the handle, to ensure that you are able to hold it securely.
You may choose to purchase more than one colour, depending on the level of variety in colour of your clothes, or you can just purchase the Sabi Luxe, that is the entirely black version of the Sabi canes that can accompany anything you wear, from formal to casual and sassy. Although the birch handles of the other colourful canes are gold in colour, the Sabi Luxes handle is manufactured in a darker but shinier manner to add to its elegance. It’s black shiny and sleek appearance gives it a vintage aura, and you can imagine it being held in the late 18-early 1900s as an accessory to accompany the top hats, lock thick black coats and polish black shoes.
- Supports weight bearing capacity up to 250 pounds; available in three heights: 31, 34 and 37-inches
- Ergonomic wide-grip handle reduces stress on hand muscles and joints
- Thin invisible rubber stripping on cane handle secures grip and makes it easy to lean up against a wall
- Single-piece, non-adjustable, high-strength aluminum cane shaft offers superior stability and safety
- Cane tip no-slip, easy-pivot and shock-absorbent, delivering maximum stability at any speed and superior grip on most uneven surfaces
An added advantage of the Sabi Walking canes is their mold-resistance, all down to their birch handle that is polished by a vegetable-based oil.
Quad canes are also an essential mobility equipment that provide you with the support that you may need while walking; especially on uneven terrains due to its four protruding feet at the bottom. These four protruding small feet, gives the quad cane an added clunky appearance, but don’t do think that a quad cane cannot look stylish and elegant. Vive has, in fact, defeated this assumption by creating an adjustable quad cane, that is a pleasure to look at.
The Vive Quad Canes come in three interesting colours: metallic blue, bronze and purple. Like the Sabi walking sticks, their elegant appearance takes nothing away from their durability and comfort, as they are able to handle up to 300lbs, and have four slip resistant pads to ensure maximum safety. Two important characteristics are that the handle is able to be adjusted to accommodate both right and left handed individuals, and that the quad canes can be adjusted according to height in one inch additions, to suit a wide height range of 5’5” to 6’6”.
So, if you’re looking for a Quad Cane that is flashy, the Vive Quad Cane is the one to go for.
- SUPERIOR STABILITY AND TRACTION ON ANY SURFACE: Safely navigate over any surface, indoors and out. The quad cane base provides greater traction on smooth surfaces such as hardwood, laminate or tile floors as well as greater stability on uneven surfaces such as grass, sand, gravel or plush carpets. The versatile cane is made with a durable anodized aluminum frame that is adjustable from 28” to a maximum of 37” and supports up to 250 pounds.
- NONSLIP, FOUR-PRONGED BASE: Easily switching from the left to right side, the four prong base locks into place providing additional support without interfering with a normal stride. Each prong is capped with a rubber, non skid, non-marking tip for added stability and convenience. The square base allows the cane to stand upright while remaining compact enough to easily fit on stairs or in narrow passageways.
- COMFORTABLE ERGONOMIC GRIP: Fitted with an ergonomically contoured hand grip, the cane handle creates a secure, yet comfortable grip perfect for daily use. The handle also includes a wrist strap for added convenience.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT LIGHTWEIGHT FRAME: Constructed with a durable anodized aluminum, the quad cane is lightweight and corrosion-resistant. Dual security features include an easy to grip locking knob and brass locking pin ensure that the cane stays at the set height without slipping.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: Unconditional Lifetime guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
Next time you’re in need of a walking cane, you won’t be thinking about a grey bulky tool that highlights your disability or injury, as there are so many elegant and stylish canes to look for, that are sure to speak for your personality. With a bit of creativity there is so much that can be done to a basic wooden walking stick and Sabi’s and Vive’s canes are the perfect example for this.